Location: Scoudouc Industrial Park
Reporting to the Director of Maintenance, the Industrial Mechanic will be responsible for installing machinery and equipment, start up and testing, and making proper adjustments. The successful candidate will plan and balance regular scheduled maintenance as part of the Preventative Maintenance program. The Industrial Mechanic will work closely with other members of the team and with the Operations Department to the ensure smooth operation of our line including efficient running of our equipment, while fostering Safety at each step.
What We Offer
We thank everyone for their interest, only those being considered will be contacted for an interview.
At Ditech, we believe our people are the most valuable asset and we strive to recruit and retain the best people. For this role the skills, qualifications, and experiences are important, but we believe, to be successful in this job, you will have a strong work ethic and a commitment to safety.
The General Labourer works in the plant or yard, performing a specific job or assisting in other areas. Duties may change as needed by the company and the employee will be required to perform other tasks/responsibilities as requested by his or her supervisor.
• Operating plant equipment and tools
• Cleaning their sections after every shift while ensuring a safe work area.
• Rolling propane tanks from one section to another
• Responsible for following company policies and procedures
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to perform all tasks safely and efficiently
• Working in a team environment
• Operate power equipment
• Lifting heavy objects
• All weather conditions both extreme heat and cold
• Working on your feet
• Lifting, pulling and/or pushing of heavy equipment and objects
• Working in unpleasant smells
• Exposed to dangerous and/or toxic substances
• Working with PPE at all times
• Long and odd hours
• Employees are required to have steel toe boots
The Shunter will work as part of the Yard crew assisting with the loading and unloading of our trailers and other Yard crew duties which may or may not include operation of other equipment or vehicles. The Shunter must have an up to date Class 1 license, be safety focused and comfortable working outside. The Shunter will perform daily pre-trips and shunt between trailers including vans and flat beds between our buildings including crossing a small distance across a public street.
The Painter operates in our paint booth and is skilled in painting propane tanks of various sizes. The propane tanks are set up on a conveyor system which brings the tanks in and out of the paint booth at a set speed.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those being considered will be contacted for a phone interview.