Location: Scoudouc Industrial Park
Ditech Testing is a propane cylinder and tank refurbishing/re-certifying company, established over 23 years ago. We are currently the largest in North America. Due to our continuous growth, we are seeking a motivated individual to join our dynamic and fast past environment in the position of Heavy truck and trailer mechanic for our transportation branch.
Responsibilities, skills include (but are not limited to):
• Reviewing work orders and discussing work to be performed with the direct supervisor
• Inspecting, diagnosing and repairing: electrical systems, landing gear assemblies, truck and trailer frames, hitching/coupling systems, truck and trailer bodies, suspensions systems, tires, wheels, hubs and axles, air and auxiliary systems, braking systems, heating and refrigeration systems, as well as ventilation devices , hydraulic systems and engines
• Using hand tools and various specialized diagnostic equipment to diagnose, isolate and repair faults
• Testing and adjusting repaired systems to manufacturer’s performance specifications
• Performing scheduled maintenance service, oil and grease
• Advising drivers on work performed, general truck or trailer condition and future work required
• Communicating effectively with co-workers, drivers and managers
• Reading and interpreting owner/operator/manufacturer operating manuals and service specifications
• Keeping up-to-date on technology and upgrading skills as required
Candidates should be flexible team players who possess the following skills and qualifications:
• Must possess a Red Seal Mechanic trade certification
• High school diploma/GED required
• Must be able to physically complete required tasks – may include lifting up to 100lbs, bending, stooping, walking or lifting throughout shift
As an equal opportunity employer, we offer challenge, opportunity and an excellent compensation and benefit package. With a positive, supportive, and safe work environment, Ditech’s culture has your professional development in mind. If you are looking to join a company that values your skills and encourages personal growth, you have come to the right place.
Ditech Transportation can offer you the following:
• Competitive wages
• Full time employment
• Company benefits
To be considered for this position, forward your resume, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
At Ditech, we believe our people are the most valuable asset and we strive to recruit and retain the best people. For this role the skills, qualifications, and experiences are important, but we believe, to be successful in this job, you will need to have a strong work ethic and a strong commitment to safety.
The General Labourer works in the plant or yard, performing a specific job or assisting in other areas. Duties may change as needed by the company and the employee will be required to perform other tasks/responsibilities as requested by his or her supervisor.
• Operating plant equipment and tools
• Cleaning their sections during and after every shift while maintaining a safe work area
• Occasionally rolling propane tanks short distances from one section to another
• Responsible for following company policies and procedures
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to perform all tasks safely and efficiently
• Working within a team environment
• Operate power equipment safely and efficiently
• Occasionally Lifting up to 50 pounds or more
• Attention to detail is critical
• All weather conditions both heat and cold(yard positions only)
• Working on your feet
• Lifting, pulling and/or pushing of heavy equipment and objects
• Occasionally working in unpleasant smells
• Wearing personal protective equipment
• Employees are required to have steel toe boots
• Employees must be punctual
• Employees must be able to communicate in English and/or French
The Shunter will work as part of the Yard crew assisting with the loading and unloading of our trailers and other Yard crew duties which may or may not include operation of other equipment or vehicles. The Shunter must have an up to date Class 1 license, be safety focused and comfortable working outside. The Shunter will perform daily pre-trips and shunt between trailers including vans and flat beds between our buildings including crossing a small distance across a public street.
The Painter operates in our paint booth and is skilled in painting propane tanks of various sizes. The propane tanks are set up on a conveyor system which brings the tanks in and out of the paint booth at a set speed.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those being considered will be contacted for a phone interview.